Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gravity--how things have changed

Oh I forgot to mention how things have changed as mentioned in my last post! Even though I said next post I would be going through some foundational things when exploring the topic of biblical womanhood....I meant the NEXT, NEXT post...lol!

Well right now, I think God is really softening my heart...at times I say to myself: I am ready. You know?...to be found. Some times I am sure I know what I want, other times I don't know what I deserve, other times I don't know what I desire and then other times I am confident in what I want. All over the place right? Other times, I am like, ok Ashlee, no you're not!...you have to get this and this together and be as close to perfect in order to "be" ready. However, we ALL know that will not happen until Christ himself comes back and I'll be made like Him. No one is perfect and my good friend and married woman, Norma Jean said it best and put it all in perspective when encouraging me: "I thank you for you who you WERE and who you ARE---i'm not worried about the rest right now :) just like the song says that's out right now, by JJ Heller "Love me for me" "to love me for who l am not what I will become!" I'm not pressed about the extra, God isn't either! Don't think you must become a close to perfect person :-)  Marriage brings upon great opportunities to grow in Christ..." 


I am taking that advice all in. It can be implied in my reference to an old post in the last post...my heart is doing push-ups, laps, some extreme "cardio" (hahaha get it?...*crickets*...) for being vulnerable and placing it out there. It doesn't seem that far of a conception now either. I say that is progress? Don't you?

This is one of my favorite songs and songwriters. It is amazing how such beautiful songs are adapted out of a heartbreak or at least it is said she wrote this after a break up.  Of course parts of this song reminds me of the love that Jesus has for me. It also reminds me of that initial "attraction" where you're "liking" the person and its completely against your will. No matter what you do that person seems to present themselves in your thoughts. It is a phenomena but at the same time it makes all the sense just like "gravity."

No comments:

Post a Comment