Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Country Girl in the City

I haven't forgotten about my thoughts on womanhood, sisterhood, and women's ministry. That was my point of reference at that time. Although still relevant and I would like to expand my thoughts on those topics further, my context has changed a little and I want to chart my way through where I am now.

Day #2 on the Hill! I am so excited about this sanctifying and purposeful extended stay here this summer. My internship is blending of my interests when it comes to advocacy, law, strategic pr and transforming the culture with the Gospel. Can you feel my excitement!! I love this place, I love the newness, I am eager to learn and take in everything! I am excited about church hoppin' and networking! I love dressing up and being in such a conservative, professional yet laid back setting...ahhh so me! I am sure the newness will fade but in the meantime, I am prayerful that I will approach each day with this same type of vigor. I am so extremely humbled and grateful for God's provision and keeping me through it all. I don't deserve this...

My church back home is doing a new series titled, "Losers." It's adapted from the scripture reference Philippians 3:7-9. " For whatever gain I have, I count it loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Jesus my Lord. For his sake, I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish in order that I might gain Christ." Throughout my Christian walk this has always been a incessant theme. Even when I boldly declare this and inwardly my heart seeks to hold to things in this world that may seem "successful" or "right" or "good"  but really they have the capability to take me away from my devotion to Christ. In reality, any gain doesn't compare to the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. He is the ultimate satisfaction and delight. I am in constant prayer that in everything my ultimate aim is to gain Christ in all that I do. I aim to do that while I am here, seeking to ever grow in  Him! Learning more about what my "vocation" or "calling" looks like and how it can bring God the most glory ( I by that I don't mean making loads of money, or engaging hundreds of people but pointing those to Christ and Him crucified, opening up ways to bring justice and redemption to this broken world).  

All I know is that I need him every day, hour, sec, and milli sec because I am wickity-wack!! I wish I could describe how wack lol! Much of my depressions comes from trusting in my own merit and strength as hard as it is to admit that...trying to prove to God that I "can do it" like a young child riding a bike without the training wheels for the first time. He's in control and I am so glad that I have trust in His complete sovereignty and providence not only in my life but this lifetime. Lord, your steadfast loves endures forever and I am so glad that you love me...keep my heart near to you! 


P.S. I probably stick out like a sore thumb because I am practically always smiling! Just a country girl in the city and this time not for a visit! I am in my own little world... viewing every site, taking in the scenary and all the beautiful people it brings me to smile...can't help it! Hopefully, I am not bringing too much attention to myself. A bus driver stopped to tell me that I was just smiling and seemed so happy and to keep it up! Hahahaha! For the most part I think I am fitting in very well! ; ) 

Ash 








No comments:

Post a Comment