Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Redefining Marriage

The topic of homosexuality is such a tense topic these days. As the 'gay-agenda' has surmounted in this age and transcended to what some say a "civil-rights" issue (which I totally and irrefutably disagree with) has taken on much momentum. My views on this are highly conservative and I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. This institution is the foundation of many social and moral ideals that especially impact our world (especially the black community). Before, I get thrown into the pompous and judgmental pool of ultra-conservatism I would have to make mention that one of my good friends is gay. I actually just talked to her a few days ago, I love her dearly. She knows and understands my stance on her lifestyle but it has not changed the way I relate or am a friend to her and vice versa. The true mark of a Christian, I believe is not being judgmental and rude but with the same depth of love and grace God has shown me as a sinner, I must show to others. This is what I also aim to do. She loved me when I was in a compromising, heterosexual relationship what is the difference loving her in her situation as well? I digress...

....with as much opposition I have for homosexuality as a moral issue, I am also very antagonistic toward government using their methods of power in a way that pushes out American citizen's autonomy. This blog post is motivated by NY law makers vote to legalize same-sex marriage. Well, just when I sought to write on it...ERLC staffer writes the following which explores some but not all of my issues with  the legislation and its implication to redefine marriage.

Posted today, here's the link:  http://erlc.com/article/empire-state-strikes-against-marriage/

1 comment:

  1. It seems as if marriage is taken lightly in this society....I disagree with gay marriage and dont think that it should legal. (my ultra conservative view). In my opinion marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman before God. I also have some gay friends but I don't cosign their lifestyle and choices.I love them and pray for them but dont like their choices. The issue of "Gay rights" cant be compaired to the civil rights movement. No gays have been lynched or beaten by cops just because of the color of their skin.(thats another issue). Ima get of my soap box now.
    Sorry for the long comment! lol

    ReplyDelete